Friday, June 6, 2008

Human Translation Water Gate Milestone Reached

Well, I've got to hand it to those busy people at Human Translation and the community at Balang. The monsoons are coming, and they've got the water gate finished just in time. Woke up this morning and a colleague pointed me back to their blog site, and there it was! Skyped Linda S. and she called me right back, shouting with joy. What a milestone! What a great job!

At the blog Tobias says they're now concentrating on finishing the grassing of the embankment -- an important job considering that the rains are already falling.

Judith and I spoke with Arwen and Tobias a couple of nights ago, but I wasn't expecting so much progress. We're getting ready for our trip now in earnest to visit them.

They want me to bring wine -- lots of it -- to celebrate. Now I think it's definitely in order.

No comments: