Sunday, July 6, 2008

Climbing Beng Maelea



Today we went to an abandoned temple an hour's drive from the tourist temples. This is what we did.

Most of these photos were shot with my Black Berry Curve PDA/Cell phone. It was very handy and with the 2 megapixel camera, it was convenient to take a shot and email it to friends immediately.

Unfortunately, while climbing over these massive stones, I slipped and dropped the cell phone. Fortunately, the Black Berry is pretty rugged and it still functioned just fine. Only, considering the abrasive nature of those stones, I was worried about the plastic and the screen getting scratched.

Normally, I don't promote any products, but in this case I have to acknowledge that Invisible Shield -- a thin protective cover that I'd purchased online -- completely saved the day. The shield itself was slightly scratched, after the cell phone slid down the rocks and into a crevice. But the plastic itself was unscathed. Amazing. They say that they use this same covering in the military to protect helicopter blades from wear in the deserts of Iraq. I believe it. This stuff is a great covering to protect a cell phone. Best of all, it comes with a life-time replacement guarantee. I've since emailed Zagg -- the organization that sells Invisible Shield -- for a replacement. I'll post here if they come through. But even if they don't replace it, the product is definitely worth the extra price.

No comments: